Welcome!!!!

Welcome to Lit's Blog, where all things literary are fair game! As a middle school Language Arts teacher, one of the many things I'll be using this forum for is to share my opinions on books, both Young Adult, and otherwise, that I've recently read, and hope that you'll jump into the fray with your thoughts, as well! Please visit often, as I'll be adding regularly. Just scan the titles of each blog for the book's name, and let me know what you think!

(Parents: At the end of each blog, you'll find a "book rating", based upon the MPAA ratings (see link entitled "MPAA Ratings Guide"). Since I generally try to read whatever the kids seem to be reading, and encourage my students to read a wide menu of texts, do not be surprised if you see an "R" rating on a title, or two. I will do my best to be as accurate as possible - HOWEVER, this rating is intended only as a guide. Ultimately, it is your decision as to whether your child should read the titles listed, or not.)


Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thing #9

Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use?
I think my favorite is "piggybacking" off of other sites. This seems to be the easiest, since the challenge of finding the feeds that I'll find pertinent lessens with each subsequent link.

Which Search tool was the easiest for you?
I especially like the Topix tool, as it links me to local issues and interests. I also like the Google tool, mainly because it is so easy, and "works like my brain" - in other words, I can type in the topic as I would say it, and it generally takes me where I want to go to - plus, it is familiar because of its layout.

Which was more confusing?
I found the Syndic8 tool not so much confusing, as not as appealing visually.

What kind of useful feeds did you find in your travels? Or what kind of unusual ones did you find?
I love the "I Am Matthew Williams and You Are Not" - very cheeky, but with some interesting info....

What other tools or ways did you find to locate newsfeeds?
I don't know that I necessarily found another way, so much as I'm much more aware of what I can do with the sites.

No comments: