Welcome!!!!

Welcome to Lit's Blog, where all things literary are fair game! As a middle school Language Arts teacher, one of the many things I'll be using this forum for is to share my opinions on books, both Young Adult, and otherwise, that I've recently read, and hope that you'll jump into the fray with your thoughts, as well! Please visit often, as I'll be adding regularly. Just scan the titles of each blog for the book's name, and let me know what you think!

(Parents: At the end of each blog, you'll find a "book rating", based upon the MPAA ratings (see link entitled "MPAA Ratings Guide"). Since I generally try to read whatever the kids seem to be reading, and encourage my students to read a wide menu of texts, do not be surprised if you see an "R" rating on a title, or two. I will do my best to be as accurate as possible - HOWEVER, this rating is intended only as a guide. Ultimately, it is your decision as to whether your child should read the titles listed, or not.)


Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thing# 16 My Life Just Got Easier (and a WHOLE LOT MORE EXCITING)!!!!

Wow! I had NO idea how useful wikis could be!!!! I see an immediate application for using this as a remote type of planning tool for the 7th and 8th grade L.A. teams that I'm on (which is what I'll be doing as soon as I finish this post!). I also really like the 10th grade Lit Circle wiki, and will definitely be using that in some way, shape or form next year. I also had fun playing around in the SBISD wikisandbox. Now I'm off to see if I can create my own!

4 comments:

βG∞D said...

You're already on thing 16! Dang you're fast lady!

flying_pig said...

Fast,or just REALLY lazy! It's a beautiful thing to just sit in my jammies with a cup of coffee and play! :) Never mind my daughter's room that needs to be painted, or my shower that is partially torn out. Maybe "in denial" is better than lazy.... Still I am having so much fun, and it's so nice to be able to work at my own pace during a time when I can actually process what I'm learning, and be proactive next year with how to weave it into my instruction.

βG∞D said...

You're not lazy;you're percolating! Your subconscious is preparing for a good deal of mental work and problem solving. It's rehearsing what will need to be done so you can do it easier later. Don't worry, I percolate a lot when I have to write, that's why it take me so long to do these posts! What is this stuff about being "golden"? Are you reading Host or something?

flying_pig said...

It scares me how smart you are! ;)
Thanks for naming my play - I can't wait to tell my husband that I haven't gotten anything accomplished in our house because I'm "rehearsing". :) Actually, you are right. I am definitely a "processor" (as you probably already know). I'm meeting with Laurie and Sharon tomorrow to show them what I've learned so far. I think Sharon has already logged into the 6th grade wiki I made for that team, so hopefully she'll "catch the bug", and share it. We have a pretty technologically savvy campus, so I'm excited about the opportunities!

As for what I'm reading, I haven't picked up The Host yet. I've started on several series, one deals with faeries - the first is "Wicked Lovely" and the second is "Ink Exchange" (never thought I'd enjoy something about faeries, but the author has done quite a bit of research, and based it upon Celtic mythology - so lots of blood and violence), and the second is the Gemma Doyle series. I took a break from YA, and just finished Dean Koontz's "Odd Hours" (I'm in love with the main character, Odd).