Welcome!!!!

Welcome to Lit's Blog, where all things literary are fair game! As a middle school Language Arts teacher, one of the many things I'll be using this forum for is to share my opinions on books, both Young Adult, and otherwise, that I've recently read, and hope that you'll jump into the fray with your thoughts, as well! Please visit often, as I'll be adding regularly. Just scan the titles of each blog for the book's name, and let me know what you think!

(Parents: At the end of each blog, you'll find a "book rating", based upon the MPAA ratings (see link entitled "MPAA Ratings Guide"). Since I generally try to read whatever the kids seem to be reading, and encourage my students to read a wide menu of texts, do not be surprised if you see an "R" rating on a title, or two. I will do my best to be as accurate as possible - HOWEVER, this rating is intended only as a guide. Ultimately, it is your decision as to whether your child should read the titles listed, or not.)


Friday, June 20, 2008

Thing #21 - Adventures in Podcasting!

Okay...holding my breath that this worked! This was, perhaps, the most complicated Thing of all - or maybe convoluted is a better word. I thoroughly enjoyed creating the Podcast with Photostory, and decided that rather than taking pictures, and using those, I'd try to see if Powerpoint would "translate" - which it does (although I think you have to save it as a jpeg file, but I may be wrong). With that decided, I sketched it out, and then created it (which took three days, off and on). Special props to my daughter for providing the voice work (I figured since middle school kids are my target audience, it would be better with a twelve year old narrating it than me). All of this was relatively easy - if not a little tedious. When it was time to upload it, though, it got a little more complicated. I went to Switchpod, but when it was time to upload, it looked like it was working, but then told me the format was unrecognized! UGH!!! I checked out the FAQ section, and found the link to Ourmedia, which required a download of Spin Express, a "translator" program. At this point, it was pretty easy - I had to register on an archive site - and then the upload wizard guided me through the rest. As I sit here typing, I've inserted the html code from the archive site (when the upload finishes, it takes you to your archived site, where the code is located just a little further down the page), and will now click "post", and see if it works. Crossing the fingers...

No comments: