Welcome!!!!

Welcome to Lit's Blog, where all things literary are fair game! As a middle school Language Arts teacher, one of the many things I'll be using this forum for is to share my opinions on books, both Young Adult, and otherwise, that I've recently read, and hope that you'll jump into the fray with your thoughts, as well! Please visit often, as I'll be adding regularly. Just scan the titles of each blog for the book's name, and let me know what you think!

(Parents: At the end of each blog, you'll find a "book rating", based upon the MPAA ratings (see link entitled "MPAA Ratings Guide"). Since I generally try to read whatever the kids seem to be reading, and encourage my students to read a wide menu of texts, do not be surprised if you see an "R" rating on a title, or two. I will do my best to be as accurate as possible - HOWEVER, this rating is intended only as a guide. Ultimately, it is your decision as to whether your child should read the titles listed, or not.)


Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thing #12

I think it is on the Ten Techniques page where "lurkers" are talked about. I immediately felt pegged as a lurker, but then got to thinking...which is worse - to post inane, ridiculous responses, so as not to be guilty of lurking, or lurking? I realize that this post is not intended as an "always" thing, though....

Another post that caught my attention was on the Ten Commandments of Blogging site. I'm referring to actually two different sections both of which talk about grammatical and typographical errors. I must admit, there are blogs out there that contain posts from people who struggle with spelling/English/grammar (I mean ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENSE!!!!), and it can be, at times, distracting. It's like I tell my students, "If you are going to publish your writing, and you want others to understand what you're saying, you need to do everything possible to make sure your message is clear - including checking your spelling and grammar." On that note, using blogs with my kids (a.k.a. students) will give me an opportunity to talk about register with them - in a nutshell, consider your audience when writing!

No comments: