Welcome!!!!

Welcome to Lit's Blog, where all things literary are fair game! As a middle school Language Arts teacher, one of the many things I'll be using this forum for is to share my opinions on books, both Young Adult, and otherwise, that I've recently read, and hope that you'll jump into the fray with your thoughts, as well! Please visit often, as I'll be adding regularly. Just scan the titles of each blog for the book's name, and let me know what you think!

(Parents: At the end of each blog, you'll find a "book rating", based upon the MPAA ratings (see link entitled "MPAA Ratings Guide"). Since I generally try to read whatever the kids seem to be reading, and encourage my students to read a wide menu of texts, do not be surprised if you see an "R" rating on a title, or two. I will do my best to be as accurate as possible - HOWEVER, this rating is intended only as a guide. Ultimately, it is your decision as to whether your child should read the titles listed, or not.)


Monday, June 9, 2008

Thing #8 Response

How cool! Here's my thoughts...
What do you like about RSS and newsreaders?
I think, more than anything else, the "one stop shop" is the best thing about this tool.
How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your school or personal life?
Personally, this will keep me more in touch with the different blogs I frequent. I know my hubby will love this, once I turn him on to it. For my students, I could see setting up a page that they could access related to a central topic, and linking it to my portal.
How can libraries use RSS or take advantage of this new technology?
I would think that this would be invaluable for librarians for keeping up with the new YA titles that are out there (Teri Lesesne's blog is awesome!)

1 comment:

βG∞D said...

I've got your blog in my Google Reader. I'll give you a cookie later. :)
B