Welcome!!!!

Welcome to Lit's Blog, where all things literary are fair game! As a middle school Language Arts teacher, one of the many things I'll be using this forum for is to share my opinions on books, both Young Adult, and otherwise, that I've recently read, and hope that you'll jump into the fray with your thoughts, as well! Please visit often, as I'll be adding regularly. Just scan the titles of each blog for the book's name, and let me know what you think!

(Parents: At the end of each blog, you'll find a "book rating", based upon the MPAA ratings (see link entitled "MPAA Ratings Guide"). Since I generally try to read whatever the kids seem to be reading, and encourage my students to read a wide menu of texts, do not be surprised if you see an "R" rating on a title, or two. I will do my best to be as accurate as possible - HOWEVER, this rating is intended only as a guide. Ultimately, it is your decision as to whether your child should read the titles listed, or not.)


Thursday, July 24, 2008

Leaves - A Writer's Community Ning

I'm revisiting two things I have "touched" in my past, but didn't pursue at the time. The first came about four years ago, when I went through the New Jersey Writing Project Institute, and became addicted to the writing community, and went through GREAT withdrawals when it ended because I loved the interaction within the writing process. The second thing was recently when I "did" the Ning part of 23 Things. Over the last week I've been back into the NJWPT/Abydos Institute, working through a new piece with a community of writers - and have remembered how much I enjoyed being a member of a writing community. This has spurred me to revisit my wish to start a writer's circle in SBISD. Sooooo... I've created a Ning entitled "Leaves" (get it? Spring Branch - branches have leaves - leaves of paper??? ). The link to it is on this page. Please take a moment to visit, and, if you feel so compelled, join! I've set it up so that anyone who'd like to join, can.

No comments: